"El secreta de la vida está en caerse siete veces y levantarse ocho."
-Paulo Coelho

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

AFTER THE RAIN THERE'S ALWAYS A RAINBOW




My Dear fellow adventurers,
It was a bad time in which I wrote the last post.

SO here the is what my situation looks like now.
Sometimes one has to decide whether to stick with the comfortable known, or take a risk. I have taken a risk.
I took a big jump and told my project ARTERIAS URBANAS that I feel super unhappy with the work that I have been doing ( ie. cleaning ) and that I would feel much better working in a different project-and that it would be a happier environment in Arterias without my frustration, in other words that I was frustrating my coworkers.
Even though I went into the reunion with my coworkers and boss with the intention of leaving Arterias completely, we found a compromise that works out for all of us: I will continue working for Arterias, but rather as a connection or link to other projects, meaning that I will not be working in Arterias, but rather in other projects where I can fulfill the work I want to - working with children.

This I will do in the name of Arterias.

The Project I am working with currently is called Plataforma Solidaria, as I described in the last post.
I continued giving art lessons, started to give recorder lessons and a bit of music theory which is unbelievably hard(who would think that I would ever in my life need my 9 years of recorder lessons???? Here we go. You need everything you learn at some point in your life!!!!) Learning music theory and how to read notes is hard enough. Finding a way to teach it -and in Spanish, too!!- is about 10 times harder. But I'll succeed and the kids will learn. After the rain there's always a rainbow.

On top of giving music lessons, I will start to give photo lessons.
Now, here's a point where my western culture-way-to-look-at-life gave me a bit of a kick in the ass. I though, that the kids (15-18 year olds) would have cell phones with cameras. Well, sadly that's not so, at least not all of them. Since I wanted to teach them how to take better photos with their phones, that plan wasn't received so well. But heads up!!!! That just doubled my motivation due to my stubbornness.
What am I gonna do??
the kids don't have cameras and I want to teach photography......so how about building your own cameras???? I am so excited about this part. We will build our own pin-hole cameras from shoe boxes. and then develope our own pictures. If the darkroom works. That, I will test tomorrow.













  Oh. Another thing?? The weather is back to normal here!!! Sunny and warm :)














No comments:

Post a Comment